Scallops are my favorite food, I love them just seasoned with some salt and pepper. They are super fast and easy to make. Pairs well with a buttery chardonnay like Buttercream.
Makes 1 Serving, Nutrition Information per serving: 320 calories, 4g Net Carbs, 4g Fat, 68g Protein
(Note: I do not include the butter in the nutrition info since it stays in the pan after scallops are cooked)
- 16oz. Raw Sea Scallops (I use Butcher Box)
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Use a medium size frying pan set on med/high heat
- Melt butter in pan until just sizzling
- Make sure the scallops are very dry so they brown nicely
- Add scallops to pan, leave for about 3-4 minutes so they develop a nice brown sear, flip over and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes or until done, 145 degrees.
- Remove to plate, allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, and enjoy!
I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am sharing my own recipes and experiences on this website. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advise and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet program. The nutritional information I provide for my recipes, food journals, and meal plans are a courtesy to my readers. I calculate using the USDA website and package information, I do my best to be as accurate as possible but you should calculate nutritional information on your own before relying on them. I expressly disclaim any liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.