Curried chicken in coconut milk with tomatoes. Pair with an unoaked chardonnay!
Makes 8 Servings, Nutrition Info per serving: 356 calories, 8g Carb, 19g Fat, 37g Protein 49% Fat / 42% Protein / 9% Carbs
- 2 lb chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 14oz can coconut milk
- 14.5 oz can stewed, diced tomatoes
- 8oz can tomato sauce
- 3 tbsp granulated Swerve
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil and curry powder in a large skillet over medium-high heat for two minutes. Stir in onions and garlic, and cook 1 minute more. Add chicken, tossing lightly to coat with curry oil. Reduce heat to medium, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink in center and juices run clear.
- Pour coconut milk, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and sugar into the pan, and stir to combine. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, approximately 30 to 40 minutes
I like to eat as is, or I will serve this over cauliflower rice or mixed vegetables. It’s great for meal prep during the week as the flavor gets even better the next day.
I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am sharing my own recipes and experiences on this website. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advise and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet program. The nutritional information I provide for my recipes, food journals, and meal plans are a courtesy to my readers. I calculate using the USDA website and package information, I do my best to be as accurate as possible but you should calculate nutritional information on your own before relying on them. I expressly disclaim any liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.