If you have never had scotch eggs before you are missing out! So delicious and fits into any carnivore diet, and only 3 ingredients!
Makes 4 servings, Nutrition Info per serving: 549 calories, 2g net carbs, 46g fat, 30g protein 75% FAT / 23 % PROTEIN / 2% CARBS
- 1 lb italian pork sausage
- 4 eggs, soft boiled
- 1/4 cup + 2tbsp Pork King Good pork rind crumbs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Set an instant pot for 2 minutes, place 4 eggs in the pot, cover with lid and place to sealing, set timer for 2 minutes
- Once timer goes off, release pressure and place eggs in an ice bath for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, peel eggs, rinse and then dry with a paper towel.
- Next, divide the sausage into 4 equal parts, then divide each part into 2 more equal parts. For each egg, flatten 2 pieces of the italian sausage into thin patties and wrap around each egg so they are fully enclosed in the meat.
- After each egg has been encased in sausage, coat the outside of each egg evenly with the pork rind crumbs and place on a wired baking rack on a baking sheet (see image below).
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes, flipping half way through, until well browned and the sausage is cooked through.
- Slice and serve warm or allow to cool to room temperature.
I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am sharing my own recipes and experiences on this website. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advise and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet program. The nutritional information I provide for my recipes, food journals, and meal plans are a courtesy to my readers. I calculate using the USDA website and package information, I do my best to be as accurate as possible but you should calculate nutritional information on your own before relying on them. I expressly disclaim any liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.