Roasting the tomatoes first brings out their sweet flavor.
Makes 8 servings, Nutrition Info Per serving: 130 Calories, 10g Fat, 8g Net Carbs, 3g Protein
- 1 Cup cherry tomatoes, whole or halved
- 1 Cup yellow plum tomatoes, sliced or chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced (1-2 tsp dry minced garlic)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 2 tsp granulated Swerve
- 1-2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2lbs green beans, ends trimmed, cooked 1 minute in boiling water, rinsed and cooled
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, chopped (or 2tsp dried chives)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- Line a rimmed baking pan with foil. In a large zip-top bag combine the tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, sugar and 1 tsp of salt. Shake to combine.
- Pour onto the pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the green beans, pepper and 1 tsp salt and cook for about 5 minutes, until tender and heated through, stirring often. Add the tomatoes, sprinkle with chopped chives, and serve.
I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am sharing my own recipes and experiences on this website. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advise and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet program. The nutritional information I provide for my recipes, food journals, and meal plans are a courtesy to my readers. I calculate using the USDA website and package information, I do my best to be as accurate as possible but you should calculate nutritional information on your own before relying on them. I expressly disclaim any liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.