This creamy casserole is great for dinner or a hot lunch.
Makes 4 servings, Nutrition Info Per Serving: 636 calories, 34g fat, 69g protein, 5g net carbs
- 1.5 lbs chicken tenderloins or breasts , cooked and cut into 1 inch chunks
- 16 oz bag frozen broccoli cuts
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup bacon crumbles
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 eggs, whisked
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl combine the cooked chicken and broccoli cuts, pour the whisked eggs over the chicken and broccoli and stir until evenly coated.
- Place chicken mixture in a 2 quart oven safe casserole dish
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, heat the heavy cream and chicken broth until just close to boiling. Add in the mozzarella cheese and 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, stir until melted and creamy.
- Pour the cheese sauce evenly over the chicken and broccoli, top with remaining 2 tbsp parmesan cheese and bacon crumbles.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes, until heated through and just starting to brown on top.
- Allow to cool for about 20 minutes, the sauce will thicken up as it cools.
I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am sharing my own recipes and experiences on this website. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advise and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet program. The nutritional information I provide for my recipes, food journals, and meal plans are a courtesy to my readers. I calculate using the USDA website and package information, I do my best to be as accurate as possible but you should calculate nutritional information on your own before relying on them. I expressly disclaim any liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.