Makes 6 servings, Nutrition Info Per Serving: 335 calories, 10g net carbs, 20g fat, 24g protein 57% FAT / 31% PROTEIN / 12% CARBS
- 2 lb brussels sprouts, quartered
- 12 oz. package bacon
- 1/2 medium-large yellow onion, chopped
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Place the quartered brussels sprouts and chopped onion in a large bowl
- In a large fry pan over medium heat, cook bacon until just starting to crisp, remove to paper towel lined plate and cut into larger chunks and add to brussels and onion mix
- Pour the bacon grease from the fry pan into the bowl, stir well to coat and combine everything
- Transfer half of mixture to a parchment lined baking sheet, roast for 20 min, then turn broiler to HI and broil 3-5 minutes until nicely charred.
- Repeat with remaining half of brussels sprouts.
**Note: If you don’t want to make this in such a large batch, just cut all the ingredients in half. I eat this so often for breakfast with fried eggs and dinner with a steak that it never goes to waste***
I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am sharing my own recipes and experiences on this website. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advise and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet program. The nutritional information I provide for my recipes, food journals, and meal plans are a courtesy to my readers. I calculate using the USDA website and package information, I do my best to be as accurate as possible but you should calculate nutritional information on your own before relying on them. I expressly disclaim any liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.