Curb your chinese food cravings with this low carb fried rice.
Makes 2 servings, Nutrition Info Per Serving: 368 calories, 8g net carbs, 20g fat, 32g protein 53% FAT / 37% PROTEIN / 10% CARBS
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, sliced
- 12 oz. bag cauliflower rice (not frozen)
- 8 oz. cooked frozen salad shrimp, thawed
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp gluten free soy sauce
- 2 eggs, whisked
Note* you can sub any meats you want in place of the shrimp, diced chicken, pork or a combination. You can also omit the meat and add more veggies like sliced carrots, peas, broccoli ect. Adding more veggies will increase the carb count.
- Heat a wok over medium heat (if you don’t have a wok a large fry pan works fine)
- Add 1 tbsp avocado oil, add the chopped onion and cook until just soft
- Add the cauliflower rice and green onions, stir to combine
- Next add the sesame oil and cook until cauliflower rice is tender crisp, about 5 minutes, stirring often
- Add the shrimp and soy sauce, stir to combine and allow shrimp to heat thoroughly
- Push the fried rice to one side of the wok, add the eggs and allow to cook, once cooked mix together with the rice mixture and break up any large egg pieces.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and enjoy!
I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am sharing my own recipes and experiences on this website. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advise and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet program. The nutritional information I provide for my recipes, food journals, and meal plans are a courtesy to my readers. I calculate using the USDA website and package information, I do my best to be as accurate as possible but you should calculate nutritional information on your own before relying on them. I expressly disclaim any liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.