Makes 3 servings, Nutrition Info Per Serving: 679 calories, 2g net carbs, 42g Fat, 66g Protein 58% FAT / 41 % PROTEIN / 1% CARBS
Try this with my Mashed Cauliflower Recipe!
- 1.5 lb ground beef, 80% lean
- 1/2 cup pork rind crumbs, I like Pork King Good Brand
- 1/4 cup dry minced onion (you could use an envelope of dry onion soup mix in place of the minced onions)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (used to thicken sauce)
- 1/4 cup no sugar added ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, pork rind crumbs, egg, minced onion, salt and black pepper. Shape into 6 oval patties.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown both sides of patties. Pour off excess fat.
- In a small bowl, whisk xanthan gum, ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder. Pour over meat in skillet. Cover, and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, remove cover and cook an additional 10 minutes to allow sauce to thicken.
- Remove to a serving platter and drizzle evenly with sauce, enjoy!
I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am sharing my own recipes and experiences on this website. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advise and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet program. The nutritional information I provide for my recipes, food journals, and meal plans are a courtesy to my readers. I calculate using the USDA website and package information, I do my best to be as accurate as possible but you should calculate nutritional information on your own before relying on them. I expressly disclaim any liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.