Who doesn’t love meatloaf? Try this with my Mashed Cauliflower recipe.
Makes 6 servings, Nutrition info Per Serving: 510 calories, 3g net carbs, 33g fat, 46g protein 60% FAT / 37% PROTEIN / 3% CARBS
- 1/2 cup pork rind crumbs, I use Pork King Good
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 lb ground beef, 80% lean
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 tbsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp dried minced onion (or 1 small onion, minced)
- pinch of dried sage
- 1/2 cup no sugar added ketchup
- 1/4 cup Swerve brown sugar
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the pork rind crumbs and milk together
- Next add the parmesan cheese, parsley, and minced onion, mix together until crumbly and evenly combined.
- Add the beef, pork, and egg and mix well until evenly combined
- Shape into a loaf and place on baking sheet with a baking rack
- Top with the ketchup and then sprinkle with the Swerve brown sugar, see picture below
- Insert an oven thermometer into the side of the loaf ( I use Thermo King), and bake in oven until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F
- Remove from oven and allow too cool for 15 minutes, slice and serve.
Meatloaf Ready for Oven
I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am sharing my own recipes and experiences on this website. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advise and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet program. The nutritional information I provide for my recipes, food journals, and meal plans are a courtesy to my readers. I calculate using the USDA website and package information, I do my best to be as accurate as possible but you should calculate nutritional information on your own before relying on them. I expressly disclaim any liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.