Makes 6 servings, Nutrition Info per serving: 604 calories, 1g net carbs, 36g fat, 66g protein 54% FAT / 47% PROTEIN / 1% CARBS
This recipe is really a cross between a thick creamy soup and a casserole depending on when you eat it. Either way it is fantastic!
- 2 lb chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 5 oz. shredded swiss cheese
- 8 oz nitrate free ham slices, cut into thin strips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2-3 oz pork rinds, coarsely crushed
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Bake chicken for 10 minutes, they will not be thoroughly cooked
- In a small sauce pan, heat the chicken stock and heavy cream until almost simmering, add the shredded swiss cheese, salt and pepper and stir until cheese is melted and creamy.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken with the hams trips, add the beaten egg and stir to coat evenly.
- In a 2 quart casserole dish, add the chicken and ham mixture and spread out evenly. Pour the sauce evenly over the chicken.
- Mix the crushed pork rinds with the melted butter, spread over the top and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
**Note: Allow this too cool for 15-20 minutes before serving. If you are eating right away it will be more of a thick soup consistency, the longer it cools the more it thickens ups and then when re-heated the next day it is more of a casserole consistency. It tastes great either way you eat it.
I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am sharing my own recipes and experiences on this website. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advise and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet program. The nutritional information I provide for my recipes, food journals, and meal plans are a courtesy to my readers. I calculate using the USDA website and package information, I do my best to be as accurate as possible but you should calculate nutritional information on your own before relying on them. I expressly disclaim any liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.