These meatballs are my favorite, they are fast and easy. They are great even without the cream sauce, so if you don’t feel like the extra step just leave it out! *too make this carnivore just leave out the dried onions*
Variations: try this recipe as a meatloaf, or as 6 patties (think salisbury steak).
Meatball Nutrition Info, makes 4 servings: Nutrition Info Per Serving: 621 calories, 45g Fat, 50g Protein, 3g Net Carbs 66% FAT / 32% PROTEIN / 2 % CARBS
Cream Sauce Nutrition Info, makes 4 servings, Nutrition Info Per Serving: 91 calories, 10g Fat, 1g Protein, 1g Net Carb 94% FAT / 3% PROTEIN / 3% CARBS
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup pork rind crumbs
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef and ground pork mix, any ratio you want, i prefer equal amounts beef and pork
- 1 tbsp dried minced onion
- 4 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp caraway seed
Cream Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 tbsp water
Directions for Meatballs:
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl combine heavy cream, water, and pork rind crumbs. Mix well and allow to soak for a few minutes.
- Next, add the minced onion, seasoned salt, nutmeg, and caraway seeds. Stir well to combine, then add the ground meats. Using your hands mix all ingredients together until well combined. I like to wear disposable gloves, it helps with the meat sticking to hands.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, place a wired baking rack on the baking sheet. (if you don’t have one it’s not necessary). Shape the meat mixture into 24 meatballs and place on wired baking rack, or directly on baking sheet foil.
- Bake in oven for approximately 20-25 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees, flipping half way through.
- Top with cream sauce if using and enjoy!
Directions for Cream Sauce:
- Place butter in a small saucepan, over low heat melt but don’t allow to sizzle. Add the egg yolk, beat constantly while adding the water and heavy cream.
- Increase heat to medium and beat until sauce thickens about 7 minutes.
- Pour over meatballs before serving
I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am sharing my own recipes and experiences on this website. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advise and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet program. The nutritional information I provide for my recipes, food journals, and meal plans are a courtesy to my readers. I calculate using the USDA website and package information, I do my best to be as accurate as possible but you should calculate nutritional information on your own before relying on them. I expressly disclaim any liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.