This is a versatile recipe, you can eat as is, add some sour cream and make it into a dip, serve in low carb tortillas, or add some chicken broth and make it into a soup.
Makes 6 servings, Nutrition Info Per Serving: 311 calories, 9g fat, 48g protein, 5g net carbs 65% PROTEIN / 28% FAT / 7% CARBS
- 2 lbs chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (4 oz. ) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 package mild taco seasoning
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the shredded chicken, green chiles, taco seasoning, half of the chopped green onion, and water.
- Allow to simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the onion powder and garlic powder, simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Divide up and top with remaining green onions before serving.
- Additional toppings: sour cream, cheddar cheese, cilantro, fresh lime squeeze, avocado
I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am sharing my own recipes and experiences on this website. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advise and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet program. The nutritional information I provide for my recipes, food journals, and meal plans are a courtesy to my readers. I calculate using the USDA website and package information, I do my best to be as accurate as possible but you should calculate nutritional information on your own before relying on them. I expressly disclaim any liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.