- 3 lb pork shoulder roast
- 2-4 tbsp chili powder
- 2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small bag baby carrots
- salt and pepper
Makes 8 servings, Nutrition Info Per Serving: 473 calories, 32g Fat, 40g Protein, 2g Net Carbs 63% FAT / 35% PROTEIN / 2% CARBS
- Season pork roast liberally with salt, pepper, and chili powder. Don’t be afraid to use all 4 tbsp of chili powder.
- Place roast in a gallon size Ziploc Bag, squeeze all air out, and stick in the fridge.
- Roast should marinate atleast 4 hours and up to 2 days.
- When done marinating and ready to cook, toss carrots and onions into slow cooker and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the roast and collected juices on top of vegetables, cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- When done shred and serve over vegetables.
I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am sharing my own recipes and experiences on this website. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advise and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet program. The nutritional information I provide for my recipes, food journals, and meal plans are a courtesy to my readers. I calculate using the USDA website and package information, I do my best to be as accurate as possible but you should calculate nutritional information on your own before relying on them. I expressly disclaim any liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.