Makes 4 servings, Nutrition Info Per Serving: 471 calories, 11g net carbs, 35g fat, 28g protein 66% FAT / 24% PROTEIN / 10% CARBS
- 1.5 cups shredded mozzarella
- 4 tbsp (2oz.) cream cheese
- 2/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 6 hot dogs, sliced widthwise
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a large mixing, add the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Microwave in 30 second intervals, until melted. Mixing together to combine each interval.
- Remove from microwave and add the almond flour and egg. Work into a dough ball, kneading until well combined.
- Taking about 2 tbsp worth of dough, wrap around one hot dog half. The dough will be sticky, I find it easiest to keep my fingers wet while working with the dough. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet, and repeat for all hot dog halves.
- Place in oven for 5 minutes, flip over each over and cook for 5 minutes more. Should be nice browned on each side
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with salt, and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Can be enjoyed as is or serve with low sugar ketchup, low carb chili, or a low carb cheese dip!
I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am sharing my own recipes and experiences on this website. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advise and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet program. The nutritional information I provide for my recipes, food journals, and meal plans are a courtesy to my readers. I calculate using the USDA website and package information, I do my best to be as accurate as possible but you should calculate nutritional information on your own before relying on them. I expressly disclaim any liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.