Makes 4 Servings, Nutrition Info Per Serving: 497 calories, 4g net carbs, 32g fat, 41g protein
This recipe can be eaten 2 different ways, either as a casserole or as a wrap. I prefer as a wrap, takes just like a cheeseburger!
- 8 slices bacon, divided
- 1 lb ground beef, 80% lean
- 1tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup no sugar ketchup, I use Heinz No Sugar Added
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar
- 4 romaine leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to a paper plate and chop into pieces.
- Drain the grease from the skillet, next add the ground beef and diced onion. Cook until beef is browned, drain the grease.
- Stir in the egg, 2/3 cup ketchup and half of the chopped bacon.
- Pour the meat mixture into a small casserole dish, top with the shredded cheese and remaining bacon.
- Bake for 15- 20 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- If making into a wrap, spoon an even amount into the 4 romaine leaves and enjoy!
I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am sharing my own recipes and experiences on this website. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advise and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet program. The nutritional information I provide for my recipes, food journals, and meal plans are a courtesy to my readers. I calculate using the USDA website and package information, I do my best to be as accurate as possible but you should calculate nutritional information on your own before relying on them. I expressly disclaim any liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.