Makes 16 servings, Nutrition Info Per Serving: 439 calories, 4g net carbs, 43g fat, 10g protein
This is an adaption of a cheesecake recipe I wrote down years ago, it makes a lot. This will freeze very well, great for breakfast too!
- 12 oz bag brazil nuts, or almonds can be used (2 cups)
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp brown sugar Swerve
- 40 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1.25 cup powdered Swerve
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 egg yolks
- 6 eggs
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread brazil nuts (or almonds) on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and allow to cool
- Add nuts to a food processor and pulse until nuts are evenly ground, add the melted butter and brown sugar. Pulse again until well combined.
- Line the bottom of a 9″ springform pan with parchment, press the crust mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan. Place in the refrigerator.
For the Filling
- Increase oven heat to 500 degrees F
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Next add the vanilla, lemon juice, and powdered Swerve, beat until well combined.
- Add 1 egg yolk and 3 eggs, beat until incorporated, scraping sides down as you go. Add the remaining egg yolk and eggs, beat until incorporated.
- Remove crust from refrigerator, carefully pour the filling into the pan.
- Place the springform pan on a baking sheet and place in oven, bake for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 200 degrees and bake for 90 minutes.
- DO NOT OPEN THE DOOR
- The cheesecake will look soft in the center, allow to cool to room temperature, run a knife around the outside of the cheesecake, then place in refrigerator to chill for atleast 4 hours. This will freeze very well also.
I am not a medical or nutritional professional. I am sharing my own recipes and experiences on this website. Nothing I express here should be taken as medical advise and you should consult with your doctor before starting any diet program. The nutritional information I provide for my recipes, food journals, and meal plans are a courtesy to my readers. I calculate using the USDA website and package information, I do my best to be as accurate as possible but you should calculate nutritional information on your own before relying on them. I expressly disclaim any liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.